Shopping for plus size womens clothing can be a challenge in our thin body obsessed society. In past years, if you were a size 12 or larger, your selection of plus size womens clothing was severely limited. Tody, however, plus size womens shopping needs are acknowledged by the fashion industry and a broad selection of plus size womens clothing is available.
The world of fashion designers is also taking notice of larger women’s need for plus size clothing. Models such as Emme, Megan Garcia, and Wendy Gauthier are well known in the fashion industry for their etheral beauty and their skill at making plus size womens clothing look fabulous on the runway and in print ads.
Let’s take a look at some fashion tips that will make your shopping for plus size womens clothing all the more enjoyable:
1. Do not wear large, ill fitting clothes. This manner of dressing does not make you look thinner.
2..When shopping for plus size womens clothing, choose a size that accentuates your curves in a discreet way.
3. Choose clean lined designs in plus size womens clothing that does not sport a lot of embellishment or frills.
4. Dress monochromatically. This has a slimming effect and look very elegant.
5. Choose fabrics that drape softly over your body when shopping for plus size womens clothing
6. Choose a darker color as the foundation for you wardrobe. (black, dark grey or navy)
7. Wear shoes with heels. Shoes with heels elongates the leg. Check out Zappos.com and Solestruck.com for an incredibly wide selection of designer shoes and moderately priced styles.
8. Wear jackets that skim your hips. Short, cropped jackets cause the hips to look broader. Zaftique has a fantastic selection of longer jackets and blazers.
9. Do not wear pants that are tapered to the ankle. A boot cut style creates a more balanced image. Take a look at Torrid.com for a wide selection of boot leg cut pants.
10. Wear Aline skirts and dresses. Alight.com carries a lovely selection of dresses in the A line cut.
11. When shopping for plus size womens clothing stay away from large floral or geometric prints. These can make you appear larger.